What Should be Avoided After Laser Hair Removal?
Are you frustrated by the constant need to shave, wax, or pluck unwanted body hair? Laser hair removal can provide a long-term solution to this common problem. At The Skin Shop Medspa Scottsdale, registered nurse and certified nurse injector Cyndie Nohr specializes in laser hair removal and can help you achieve smoother, silkier skin and boosted self-confidence. After undergoing laser hair removal treatment in Scottsdale, AZ, it's important to be aware of certain precautions and things you may need to temporarily avoid in order to ensure optimal results.
Why should I get laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal offers several benefits that make it a popular choice for individuals seeking long-term hair reduction or removal. Some of the most popular benefits of treatment that lead many men and women to consider laser hair removal in Scottsdale, AZ include:
- Long-lasting results
- Can be used to treat almost any area of unwanted hair growth
- Quick and convenient
- Minimal downtime
- Improves skin texture
- Boosts self-confidence
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is considered a suitable treatment for patients looking to reduce or remove unwanted hair. Ideal candidates for laser hair removal typically have dark, coarse hair and lighter skin tones, as the laser targets the pigment in the hair follicles.
Is there anything I shouldn’t do after laser hair removal?
Following laser hair removal, it's important to know how to take care of your treated skin in order to minimize discomfort, promote healing, and reduce the risk of complications. Some activities and behaviors to avoid after your laser hair removal treatment include:
- Sun exposure: Direct sun exposure should be avoided as it can increase the risk of hyperpigmentation and skin damage. Sunscreen and protective clothing should be worn outside following laser hair removal.
- Hot showers and baths: Hot water can irritate the treated area and potentially cause discomfort.
- Excessive heat: Avoid activities that generate excessive heat, such as saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, and intense workouts. Heat can irritate the treated skin and potentially lead to complications.
- Scrubbing or exfoliating: Refrain from using harsh scrubs or exfoliating agents on the treated area. Let the skin heal naturally without any aggressive exfoliation for at least a week.
- Picking or scratching: Resist the urge to pick or scratch the treated area, as this can introduce bacteria and increase the risk of infection.
- Harsh topical products: Avoid using any creams, lotions, or cosmetics that contain irritants or strong ingredients on the treated skin. Instead, choose gentle, fragrance-free products.
- Waxing and plucking: These methods interfere with the hair follicles targeted by the laser and can diminish the effectiveness of the treatment.
Will hair grow back after laser hair removal?
After a full round of laser hair removal, which may include 3 – 5 sessions spaced about 3 – 4 weeks apart, most patients enjoy a dramatic reduction in hair growth. In some cases, regrowth may occur months or years later, but a repeat maintenance treatment can help to restore the smooth skin you’ve become accustomed to.
Say hello to virtually hair-free skin with laser hair removal in Scottsdale, AZ
If you're tired of dealing with unwanted body hair and desire long-lasting results, laser hair removal may be the solution for you. To learn more about the life-changing benefits of laser hair removal, call to schedule a consultation with Cyndie Nohr, a skilled registered nurse and certified nurse injector at The Skin Shop Medspa Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ.